Soapbox B.V. (hereinafter mentioned as "Soapbox", "we" or "us") aims to provide services of a high quality with reliability as an important factor. Respect for the privacy of those who use our services and careful handling of personal data is an important part of and for the reliability of our company. We want to be transparent in the way in which we, as controller, deal with the processing of personal data made available to us by a user (hereinafter also mentioned as "User", "you" or "your"). This will be explained in details in this Privacy Statement. Soapbox will comply with the applicable rules in the area of privacy, such as the General Data Protection Regulation and other privacy laws and regulations.
Soapbox is established and has offices at the Boschstraat 21, 6211 AS Maastricht and is registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce with the number 54104688.
- Tilburg University Challenge
“Tilburg University Challenge” is a format developed by Soapbox BV, in close collaboration with Tilburg University.
The Tilburg University Challenge is a competition that uses an online platform where students can participate in the Tilburg University Challenge by creating an account and submitting their idea. Some content will be shown publicly on the platform. During registration, it is made clear which information will be made public and which information will not be made public.
- Personal data and collection method
In the context of our services, personal data made available by and about the User are collected and recorded. These personal details include; full name, nationality, field of study, photographs/videos of natural persons, (mobile) telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and optionally a resume.
We will not collect more personal data than is reasonably necessary for the purposes described under the article "Purposes" or for which you have given permission. Moreover, we will no longer keep the personal data in a form that makes it possible to identify the data subject, than is necessary for the purposes for which they are collected or subsequently processed.
The information provided is kept for at least the duration of the competition and a maximum duration of 2 years before the account and personal data will be removed.
- Cookies / Passively processed data
Passive information is data that you provide to managers of the websites perhaps without being aware of it. If you visit one of our websites or use one of our apps, you provide data to the Tilburg University Challenge without being aware of it. This includes, for example, device data such as a unique device ID, IP address, the version of the operating system and settings of the device you use to access a service of the Tilburg University Challenge. But also usage data about the services you use, including the time, the duration of use and the content of the service.
Cookies are used on our and our hosted and managed websites. These are small files that remember and store preferences on the User's computer during browsing. Cookies have two functions. On the one hand, they help the User in surfing by remembering login names and passwords. On the other hand, there are cookies that register the websites that a user visits and thus make an estimation of the interests of that User.
The Tilburg University Challenge can place cookies (their self or at the request of its client: Tilburg University) for the following purposes:
- To analyze and/or optimize the use of our websites;
- For sending targeted communication;
- For the development of marketing activities.
- Google Analytics and YouTube
The purposes for the processing of personal data of Users by Soapbox:
- Give participants the opportunity to participate in the Tilburg University Challenge and create their own account for this;
- gauge the opinion of the user for research;
- Sending newsletters with information about the Tilburg University Challenge and other projects related to Soapbox;
- Making, after approval, a link between the user profile and the affiliated partner companies;
- The content of the chats for the quality assessment of the profile and a link between student and company.
- Providing data to third parties
We do not make personal data available unless:
- It concerns Soapbox affiliated companies, provided that they are relevant to the users;
- We are legally obliged to do so;
- Prior permission has been received from the User;
- This is necessary to protect the rights of the User or our rights.
- The user registers for a Tilburg University Challenge event, then the front, last and project name are shared with the party that organizes the event.
In the above cases, your personal data will only be provided if the confidentiality and security of the data is sufficiently guaranteed by the recipient / Third Party(s).
Soapbox will take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the personal data aimed at preventing misuse, loss or irregular change.
- Modification or deletion of data
If you wish to inspect, adjust, add or delete your personal data, this can be adjusted in the profile or you can send a written request to the address below which we will respond to within four weeks of receipt.
If you have any other questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal data by Soapbox, please contact us via the contact details below.
We reserve the right to adjust this Privacy Statement in order to continue to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If necessary, we will report this on our website. It is therefore recommended to consult our website regularly so that you are always aware of any changes.
Soapbox, in relation to Tilburg University Challenge, Boschstraat 21, 6211 AS, Maastricht Email: email@example.com I wwww.tilburguniversitychallenge.nl | www.soapbox.nl
Maastricht, November 2019